Effective Date: January 1, 2020
- Personal Information We Collect
We collect personal information when you use our Services. As used in this Policy, personal information has the same meaning as it does under the applicable law, and generally includes any information that relates to you, identifies you personally or could be used to identify you, such as email address, first name and last name, phone number and address. The types of personal information that we may collect about you include, but are not limited to:
Information You Voluntarily Provide to Us
We collect information you give us voluntarily when you use our Services. For example, if you contact HMS by email (through a hyperlink on a Site, or otherwise), then we will collect your name, email address and any information in your message.
Information Collected Automatically
As you navigate through and interact with our Site or Services, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions and patterns, including:
- Details of your visits to our Site, including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, logs and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the Site.
- Information about your computer and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system, and browser type.
- Information about the type of device you are using, mobile ad identifiers, the time and length of your visit, the website that referred you to our Site, and the subject of the ads you click or scroll over.
Information You Provide to Our Affiliates and Subsidiaries
We may get your personal information from a company controlled by or under common control with HMS.
Information Collected from Public Sources
Some information we collect is publicly available. For example, we may collect information you submit to a social network website like LinkedIn. We may also collect information about you from other companies and organizations.
- Cookies and Other Tracking Technologies
A cookie is a small removable data file that is stored by your web browser on your computer. Generally, we use first-party and third-party cookies for the following purposes: to make our Services function properly; to provide a secure browsing experience during your use of our Services; to collect passive information about your use of our Services; to measure how you interact with our marketing campaigns; to help us improve our Services; and to remember your preferences for your convenience.to identify your computer during a particular visit to this Site;
Types of Cookies on Our Services
We use the following types of cookies on our Services:
- Strictly Necessary Cookies – These cookies are essential because they enable you to use our Services. For example, strictly necessary cookies allow you to access secure areas on our Services. Without these cookies, some services cannot be provided. These cookies do not gather information about you for marketing purposes. This category of cookies is essential for our Services to work and they cannot be disabled.
- Functional Cookies – We use functional cookies to remember your choices so we can tailor our Services to provide you with enhanced features and personalized content. For example, these cookies can be used to remember your name or preferences on our Services. We do not use functional cookies to target you with online marketing. While these cookies can be disabled, this may result in less functionality during your use of our Services.
- Performance or Analytic Cookies – These cookies collect passive information about how you use our Services, including webpages you visit and links you click. We use the information collected by such cookies to improve and optimize our Services. We do not use these cookies to target you with online marketing. You can disable these cookies.
- Advertising or Targeting Cookies. These cookies are used to make advertising messages more relevant to you. They perform functions like preventing the same ad from continuously reappearing, ensuring that ads are properly displayed for advertisers, and in some cases selecting advertisements that are based on your interests. Our third-party advertising partners may use these cookies to build a profile of your interests and deliver relevant advertising on other sites. You may disable the use of these cookies as set forth below.
HMS uses Google Analytics to collect information about the effectiveness of our Services. Google Analytics uses “cookies”, text files stored on your computer, to learn about how people use our Site. Google’s ability to use and share information collected by Google Analytics about your visits to this Site is restricted by the Google Analytics Terms of Service: http://www.google.com/analytics/terms/us.html/ and the Google Privacy: http://www.google.com/policies/privacy/. You can learn more about how Google collects and processes data specifically in connection with Google Analytics at http://www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners/. You can prevent your information from being used by Google Analytics by downloading and installing the Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on, available at https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout/.
Other Tracking Technologies
To see how our Site is performing we sometimes use conversion pixels, which fire a short line of code to tell us when you have clicked on a particular button or reached a particular page. We also use web pixels to analyze usage patterns on our Site. The use of a pixel allows us to record that a particular device, browser, or application has visited a particular webpage.
Your browser may provide you with the option to refuse some or all browser cookies. You may also be able to remove cookies from your browser. You can exercise your preferences in relation to cookies served on our Site by taking the steps outlined below:
- First-Party Cookies – You can enable, disable or delete our cookies through the browser you are using to access our Services. To do this, follow the instructions provided by your browser (usually located within the “Help”, “Tools” or “Edit” settings). Please note, if you set your browser to disable cookies, you may not be able to access secure areas of our Services and parts of the Services may not work properly for you. You can find more information about how to change your browser cookie settings at http://www.allaboutcookies.org.
- Third-Party Cookies – Modern browsers also allow you to block third-party cookies using the steps described above.
Do Not Track Requests
We do not support Do Not Track (“DNT”). DNT is a preference you can set in your web browser to inform websites that you do not want to be tracked. You can enable or disable DNT by visiting the Preferences or Settings page of your web browser.
- How We Use Your Personal Information
To Provide Our Services
For Internal Use
We will use your personal information for the purposes of furthering our business, including analyzing your information and other uses. We may monitor how our users use our Site including without limitation search terms entered, pages visited and documents viewed. This information may be stored with an IP address. This information is used solely for purposes of enabling us to provide you with a personalized Site experience. Aggregated forms of this data may also be used for research purposes in order to develop new products and identify future features and functions to develop for the Site.
To Provide You with Service-Related Communications
To Provide Customer Support or Respond to You
We collect any information that you provide to us when you contact us, such as with questions, concerns, feedback, disputes or issues. Without your personal information, we cannot respond to you or ensure your continued use and enjoyment of the Services.
To Enforce Compliance with Our Terms and Agreements or Policies
To Ensure the Security of the Services
We care about keeping you secure and safe while using our Services. Keeping you safe requires us to process your personal information, such as your device information, activity information and other relevant information. We use such information to combat spam, malware, malicious activities or security risks; improve and enforce our security measures; and to monitor and verify your identity so that unauthorized users do not gain access to your information. We cannot ensure the security of our Services if we do not process your personal information for security purposes.
To Maintain Legal and Regulatory Compliance
Our Services are subject to certain laws and regulations which may require us to process your personal information. For example, we process your personal information to pay our taxes, to fulfill our business obligations, ensure compliance with employment and recruitment laws or as necessary to manage risk as required under applicable law. Without processing your personal information for such purposes, we cannot perform the Services in accordance with our legal and regulatory requirements.
To Engage in Marketing Activities
- Disclosure of Your Personal Information
We may disclose your personal information as described below.
Within Our Corporate Organization
HMS is a part of a corporate organization that has many legal entities, business processes, management structures and technical systems. HMS may share your personal information with this organization in order to provide you with the Services and take actions based on your request.
Mergers and Acquisitions
We may share your personal information with our service providers to be able to provide you our Services and support. These service providers may engage additional companies to be able to support us. These companies may use your personal information only to assist the service providers in communicating with you about the Site and to help service providers in assisting us with operating the Services. Such companies do not have any independent right to use or disclose your personal information except as we request.
To Maintain Legal and Regulatory Compliance
We also reserve the right to share any information collected through our Services with legal authorities if it is, in our sole opinion, necessary to investigate, prevent or otherwise take action regarding suspected fraud, situations involving threats or potential harm or if otherwise required by law (such as by a subpoena, court order or other legal means).
To Protect You, Us or Others
We may share your personal information if we believe, in good faith, that such disclosure would protect your interests or rights or the interests or rights of others, including HMS and its personnel.
- THIRD PARTY LINKS TO OTHER SITES ON THE SERVICES
- SECURITY PRECAUTIONS
We take precautions to protect data and information under our control from misuse, loss or alteration. Our security measures include industry-standard physical, technical and administrative measures to prevent unauthorized access to or disclosure of your information, to maintain data accuracy, to ensure the appropriate use of information, and otherwise safeguard your personal information.
Please recognize that protecting your personal information is also your responsibility. We ask you to be responsible for safeguarding your password, secret questions and answers and other authentication information you use to access our Services.
- INTERNATIONAL TRANSFERS
When you access or use our Services, we may transfer your personal information to countries in the world where HMS conducts business. Such countries may be located outside of the country or jurisdiction where you are located and may have data protection laws that are less protective than the laws of the jurisdiction in which you reside. In such countries, HMS will still handle your personal information in the manner describe herein. If you do not want your information transferred to or processed or maintained outside of the country or jurisdiction where you are located, you should not use the Services.
- CHILDREN’S PRIVACY
Our Services are not intended to attract children under 18. Accordingly, we do not knowingly solicit or collect personal information from anyone we know to be under 18 years of age. If you are a parent or guardian and you are aware that your child has provided us with personal information, please contact us at [email protected] If we become aware that we have collected personal information from children without verification of parental consent, we take steps to remove that information from our servers.
- CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS
California Civil Code Section 1798.83 permits California residents to request businesses with whom they have an established business relationship (a) a list of the categories of personal information that they have disclosed to third parties (including affiliates that are separate legal entities) during the immediately preceding calendar year for the third parties’ direct marketing purposes, and (b) the names and addresses of all such third parties. To request the above information, please email us at [email protected] We will respond to such requests to information access within 30 days following receipt of the request. If we receive your request at a different email, we will respond within a reasonable period of time, but not to exceed 150 days from the date received. Please note that we are only required to respond to each customer once per calendar year.
- CONTACT US